About this Piece
Music and movement transform this full-scale, beloved figure. The hand-painted base elevates the figure while it turns beautifully to the classic Debussy's ”Clair de Lune". As it turns, this intimate piece communicates an encircling of love and unconditional support between mother and daughter. "The sentiment applies to any age… a child going away to camp, a teenager leaving for college… the message is the same. The intertwined images carved on the figures’ dresses visually echo this sentiment. I understand this piece from both sides — having been a daughter, and having gone through the experience of raising a daughter to adulthood. I hope both mothers and daughters will connect to the emotions of this piece.” –Susan Lordi
- 7.5”h hand-painted resin musical. Rotates and plays Debussy's Clair de Lune”
- Figure of standing older woman embracing younger girl. Both figures in cream dresses carved with intertwined vines and leaves. Figure affixed to round, cream wood base containing musical element
- Packaging box includes enclosure card for gift-giving
- Dust with soft cloth or soft brush. Avoid water or cleaning solvents
- Musicals are sculpture in motion! Favorite pieces turning to classic, familiar melodies are a meaningful gift to commemorate graduation, birthday… the relationship between mother and daughter.