About this Piece
"When I think of the monarch butterfly, I am reminded of courage and strength in the face of adversity. A magical metamorphosis...from tiny egg to hungry caterpillar to brilliant chrysalis spotted with gold, the butterfly finally emerges a dazzling beauty. Delicate and fragile, yet determined and resilient, it forges its way for hundreds of miles along a migration route of obstacles and erratic weather patterns, compelled to complete its miraculous journey. I see the monarch butterfly as a true metaphor — for the desire in each of us to be our best, to live resiliently, to thrive, to make a positive difference in the world." –Susan Lordi
- 6.5”h hand-painted resin figure
- Standing figure in cream dress, holding the sides of her skirt out with both hands. Skirt has carved markings of a monarch butterfly, dotted with gold leaf
- Packaging box includes enclosure card for gift-giving
- Dust with soft cloth or soft brush. Avoid water or cleaning solvents
- A gift for graduates or to celebrate special accomplishments…to encourage, support and acknowledge individual strength.